Tuesday, April 12, 2011

J School

Blog #6

After taking Journalism 101, I feel more drawn to the field of public relations and advertising. The social communicative portion as well as the design aspect makes me want to pursue this major at Carolina. Public relations covers a multitude of areas, for every company needs someone to help communicate with the public and reflect a professional image. Advertising, on the other hand, holds the power to persuade by marketing products. I'm not sure which one I will eventually choose, but I know I'm headed in the right direction.

I felt that the class really helped in terms of seeing each section of Journalism in a different light. By researching our own controversies and learning about the background of how each section was first started, I was able to understand more of what each actually consist of.

No comments:

Post a Comment